We need to remember our troubles are temporary. In Christ, our glory is eternal.
Today’s Bible Verse:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (KJV), “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
What the verse means:
Today’s Bible passage tells us why we should never give up. We see that while our bodies are dying our spirit is renewed every day. We learn that however big our problems are in Christ they are small. The present troubles of our chronic illness will not last forever. They will actually produce a legacy for us in the glory that outweighs them and will last forever. We shouldn’t look at our present troubles but rather we should turn our eyes upon Jesus. Our Earthly troubles will pass but the things we presently cannot see will last forever.
Praying using the verse:
- Heavenly Father, we pray that we do not lose heart as we deal with our chronic illness.
- Lord Jesus, we know that while our outer body is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed by you days by day.
- God, we know this affliction is but for a moment in eternity’s clock and that you have greater things in store for us.
- Help us to not dwell on our present circumstances but to focus on the future have in Jesus Christ.
- Pray, we would continue to have the godly attitude that only comes from you as we face life day by day.
Photo Source: Pixaby