Learning to deal with a chronic illness includes understanding our troubles will not last forever.
We need to remember our troubles are temporary. In Christ, our glory is eternal.
Today’s Bible Verse:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (KJV), “For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
What the Verse Means:
Today’s Bible passage tells us why we should never give up. We see that while our bodies are dying our spirit is renewed every day.
We learn that however significant our problems are in Christ they are small. The present troubles of our chronic illness will not last forever. They will actually produce a legacy for us in the glory that outweighs them and will last forever.
We shouldn’t look at our present troubles, but instead, we should turn our eyes upon Jesus. Our Earthly problems will pass, but the things we presently cannot see will last forever.
Personalized Prayer Using Today’s Scripture:
- Heavenly Father, I pray that I do not lose heart as I deal with my chronic illness.
- Lord Jesus, I know that while my outer body is wasting away, my inner self is being renewed by you day by day.
- God, I know this affliction is but for a moment in eternity’s clock and that you have greater things in store for me.
- Help me to not dwell on my present circumstances but to focus on the future I have in Jesus Christ.
- I pray I would continue to have the godly attitude that only comes from you as I face life daily.
Photo Source: Pixabay
If you are an Amazon Kindle Unlimited member, the book is available to read for free in Kindle format. Over the next two months, I will publish each chapter as a blog post.